Sunday, March 30, 2008

The drool factor: Episode (b) – The attack of the clowns


To start with a few examples. Ice Cream. At least leave this product to the children, but no…even ice cream has to scream eros. I always thought ice cream was meant for children…I mean I feel this craving for sub-zero milk slithering down my throat every time I see an Amul, Joy, Dasprakash or Vadilal sign. Ice cream has that quality…but to bring sex into this I thought was weird…People are meant to drool from their mouths at ice cream ads…not feel bulges some where else.

  1. Walls ice cream: The strawberry one. Romantic music. Woman leering into the camera. Her beau trying to understand why Rupa rejected him. Sly smiles. Coy looks exchanged. Legs wrapped around beau. Music tempo hastens. A delectable lick on a ice cream cone. End.

Alright…I’m traversing back in time to when I was a kid. If I saw this ad then, I would go yeeeeaaaccckkkkkk. And of course Walls believes the urban young male who see this ad and go, hey forget this chatting, orkutting business, I wanna get an ice cream and attack women with it.

2. Walls brought this nonsense in some years ago, with that ice cream is actually a phallus ad. Some half nude morons are standing with their hands on their crotches, and this dame pretends, maybe actually does don’t know, to check the size of their, umm members. In the end she picks a guy who raises his hands, which are ohh…wowo…holding a foot long bar of ice cream.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

The only upside of this proliferation of women into the ad scene is the employment factor, strictly according to me. I have seen several people (male and female), friends, cousins and others flocking to Mumbai to get a job, which exploits their bodies and sometimes their acting talent. But the women by and large seem satisfied as there are always some ads that randomly require a skimpily clad lass. The men have Rupa and VIP … see Jockey and Hanes use only white six packs and glutus maximuses.

No comments: